Zoom Access and Streaming Yoga Classes
Because of the pandemic we are now live streaming our yoga classes. Zoom is a video conferencing platform that allows us to conduct live, streaming classes in your home!
To Register for Streaming Classes
Use IYC’s MindBody account to register. It will automatically send you an email from us with the Zoom log-in information. However, if you have any trouble at all, simply email us and we will get you going.
- Click here to log-on to your Island Yoga Center MindBody account (or create one if you don’t have one).
- In your personal profile, make sure that your email preference is set up for you to receive reminders and schedule changes. You only have to do this once.
- Click on the CLASSES tab, and find the class and date you want to attend. Then click on the “Sign Up” button and follow prompts to check-out. You should almost immediately receive registration email from us containing the Zoom link. Check your junk folder if you don’t see it!
- Please sign-up no later than 1 hour before the class begins in order to receive the email in time.
- It will punch your class card or require that you purchase a pass. We offer Yoga-Relief, which means if you are unable to pay for yoga, we got your down dog covered.
- 5-10 minutes before your class begins, use the link in the email to open Zoom for the class (or use your App if you have it). If it is your first time using Zoom, “arrive” 15 minutes early to familiarize yourself. The teacher can also help. Hint: the video and microphone mute buttons are in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
- Once class begins, be sure to click on the instructor’s frame (use full screen mode) so you have a large framed picture of the class. Feel free to say hello to others before class begins! Please mute your audio when class begins.
- We will start right on time. If you arrive late, be sure to keep your mute button on.
Don’t hesitate to ask for help…we might be doing this for some time and it might require some initial fiddling. Even some of the least “techie” folks are getting through.
What to Remember
•Wear shorts or leggings, t-shirt/tank
• Please, no perfume or cologne. Also leave beverages outside (water okay)
• Bring a sticky mat if you have one. Mat usage fee is $1.
• Eat lightly or not at all
• Prenatal students, be sure to eat something
• Please, arrive 5 minutes early or earlier if you are a new student
• As you enter the studio, remove your shoes and print your name to sign in
• If your arrive late, please wait outside until the opening meditation is over
• Turn your cell phone OFF – not on vibrate because everyone still hears it.
Mat Storage Policy: Students who attend class at least once per week may leave their labeled mats at our studio. Mats that are unlabeled are removed from the studio if left for longer than two weeks and donated to Granny’s. All mats are stored at your own risk.
Class Cancelations: During times of illness teachers make every effort to find another teacher for their class. However, it is not always possible. Power outages and snow conditions may also cause our studio to be closed. For the latest information on class cancelations, please check our home page and schedule before heading out. thanks!